Thursday, August 9, 2012

Interwebs

Habari za asubuhi!  ["Good morning!"]

Since I have awesome interweb access right now because I am at Oasis hotel, I figured I'd write a little blog post.  I am currently taking advantage of my free time (and free internet) before I have to go to CCT because I finished my written technical exam and my LPI yesterday!  It feels amazing to be finally done!  Yesterday, after my finals, I yelled "Nimemaliza!" which means "I am done!"  :D

In addition to writing this fupi ["short"] post, I have added more pictures to my photostream, though most of them are not captioned just yet...AND I added a section on the left column of my blog that lists the known links to blogs of fellow PC friends that are in my training class!  Our training class has 47 people, but of course, not everyone has a blog.  Also, there is a plethora of distinct writing styles and voices, so they will give you a pretty well-rounded perspective of our experiences in Tanzania.  I may add a few more links to current PCVs but that may make the list a bit long.  That being said, I will probably reference other links throughout my blog posts.  For example, here is a fantastic and very true post about the "real Peace Corps" that I read before I arrived in Africa.  He is a volunteer who is currently serving in Ethiopia, and he is a great writer!  http://waidsworld.wordpress.com/2011/08/07/the-real-peace-corps/  Hope you enjoy it, as I bid you adieu.  :]

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the completion of your training ja! Great idea for blog list, but why there are several for Ben S. ja.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea why there were so many for Ben...but that is fixed now! :)

      Delete