Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Update

I know I haven’t updated you all much since the last post about pests around the house, so I’ll make this one quick.

If you want to read about my last few months, just click on these links below to Steve’s blog entries about Pi Day where we get to meet the Vice President of Tanzania, a Shika na Mikono crossover training in Morogoro at PCV Alice’s school, and a World Malaria Day event at my school.  I was with Steve the whole time during those events, so his words are as good as mine, and we had a blast doing them!  :)  (He tends to be much better at posting blogs on time…whoops!)

Pi Day and Shika Training:  http://safaritanzania-steve.blogspot.com/2014/04/pi-day-and-sega-science-day.html
World Malaria Day Event:  http://safaritanzania-steve.blogspot.com/2014/04/world-malaria-day.html

As for the pest issues in my house, I have been getting REALLY annoyed with RATS!  I thought I rat-proofed everything during my vacation in June, but boy was I wrong!  They completely demolished my Blue Band (ish-butter), as well as a few other things.

IMG_0484IMG_0485

But the worst of all was them eating two whole packs of my kettle corn!  Sad day…  :(  Luckily, I still had one more.  Not to worry, I have rat-proofed everything and placed all my most precious snacks in thick plastic buckets.

Seriously though, those rats were NINJA RATS, and I don’t mean like the awesome Master Splinter…

They jumped from my water filter/hand-washing area onto my hanging baskets and ate my fruit, and that’s not an easy jump!

IMG_0632

Anyway, I think the ninja rats have died from the rat poison I placed about a month ago, so only a few rats to go.  Hope I can get rid of them completely before they get their hands on green ooze…

That’s it for now, but I’ll be posting another entry very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment